Monday, July 05, 2010

Ruh Roh, Im thinking I need to make a budget.

I recently went over the bank statements and figured out how much money we spend on food every month. Were a cash family but the debit transactions added up to a staggering amount. Im not even going to say how much we spend on food because Im too embarrassed.

Lets just say Im going to be more money conscious. Starting toda...tomorrow, Im going to track our spending, build menus and make a plan not to stop at the store every day.

This budget will just focus on food, not on any other spending we do. David and I dont believe in limiting ourselves too much when it comes to our families (gas money) or the girls extracurricular activities (swimming, art, reading, camp, movies).

When I pare down the money spent on food, THEN Ill let you know how much weve been spending!

:)

1 comment:

Total Loser said...

It's so hard to do! I have that problem too. If I won the lottery I would hire a personal chef and never have to think about it again. :)